Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ending the Year 2013

I tend to live by "the cup is half full" philosophy, so ending one year and looking to a new one always energizes me and gives me reason to reflect back and look forward with fresh eyes.

With several weeks of time away from my teaching and administrative duties at the university, I get a chance to spend full days in the studio. The first day or two is like warming up for a workout or sun salutations we do beginning yoga class. I have to get both mind and body into my place, that space where I work and explore ideas from the countless lists and notations I collect in books, bags and pockets. Once the salutations are completed, the work process flows like water in a stream.

This last week has been productive and rather than dwell on more details, I share with you a series of new monotypes that will end 2013. The Apparition series of monotypes. Each print is unique, 24 X 18" on Japanese rice paper using wax, pigment and graphite. Details on sales or exhibition can be found on my website: www.janenodine.com .

Enjoy and…

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




In the Studio

Nodine.apparition.54

Nodine.apparition.58

Nodine.apparition.60

Nodine.apparition.72

Nodine.apparition.77

Nodine.apparition.65

Nodine.apparition.67

Nodine.apparition.69

Nodine.apparition.71

Nodine.apparition.78

Nodine.apparition.80

Nodine.apparition.75

2 comments:

  1. It's been another productive and creative year for you Jane. Congratulations and best of everything for 2014!

    ReplyDelete